- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the gnocchi for 2 minutes. They cook extremely quickly and will finish off in the oven, so don’t overdo them.
- In the meantime, fry the pancetta in ½ Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the butter over medium heat. When fully liquefied, whisk in the flour to create a roué. Add the milk and nutmeg, and simmer until reduced by half. Add the pesto, peas, pancetta, and gnocchi. Stir to combine.
- Place mixture in a large casserole dish and cover with the grated fontina. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, until the cheese has become brown and crispy. Remove from oven, cover with bread crumbs and return to the oven for another 5 minutes.